My paintings of other people’s selfies is a way of subjugating the anxiety created by digital temporality within the preceived solidity of a formal painting. Each work is a portrait of a self-portrait, complete with my interpretation of what they look like embued with a sense of ‘thingness’ that the digital image lacks.
- AESTHETIC BONDS: Paul XO Pinkman at The Gallery at Hillside Square 13 Mar ’17
- Monmouth Museum exhibit includes two PXO Pinkman “Selfie” portraits 15 Sep ’15
- 2015 Invitational Opens at Watchung Arts Center 15 Sep ’15
- “Influences” exhibition opens at Hamilton Street Gallery in Bound Brook 15 Sep ’15
- “Sissy”, from Sticks and Stones, accepted into Kinsey Institute exhibition 5 May ’15